I started this blog two years ago. I was at the worst point (so I thought) of my life. Little did I know where I'd be now. Had I known that Al would only be with me for such a short time... well, I don't know what I'd have done differently, to be honest. I couldn't have loved him more; I couldn't have done more to take care of him... but I would have spent every last second by his side. I try not to life my life "if only", because it'll drive me crazy. I'd like to say my outlook on life has changed - I guess it has, in small ways. I try not to take anything for granted now. I try to appreciate what I have. I try to live for today, and not look ahead, because tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us. And I hug my kids more - a lot more!
So here I am. Not sure how I got here, and I'm pretty much living in a fog right now. I'd say it's like I'm living in a dream, but it's more like a nightmare. I have been wanting to continue this blog, even if it's just for me to read. A sort of self-therapy. I've got a lot to say, and don't want to burden those closest to me with my ramblings. This blog has been writing itself in my head for six months now, so I finally decided to power up the ole laptop and start punching some keys. I may not have anything too profound to say, and I doubt my words will make an impact on anyone's life, but it's a good outlet for me. So, I'm going to quietly re-launch, with the hope of eventually sharing it with the people who always ask how I'm doing, to which I reply "okay", even when I'm not.
“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” - Robert Brault
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment