I pray for signs from Al. I ask for them all the time. Please give me a sign so I know you are out there; please give me a sign to tell me what to do. The only time I’ve felt a sign from him is this past September when I went to see a psychic, and she mentioned several very specific things that she would have had no way of knowing. She said Al was there with us, and I believed her. I left there feeling happy – like he’d spoken to me somehow. You can choose to be a believer in signs, or to be skeptical about such things. I feel that if believing brings you comfort, then you should believe.
Last night, after the long and emotional talk I had with Ryan, we were both really tired. Ryan hadn’t been sleeping well, but he fell asleep in my bed and I didn’t wake him. Today after school, he told me that he dreamt about Al last night. Ryan rarely remembers dreams. He said this one was very vivid: We were at home, and it was a holiday, and we were getting ready to go to my parents’ house. The doorbell rang, and Matthew answered the door. It was Al and he came in and sat on the couch. Ryan hugged him and Al said “I love you”. As Ryan was telling me about the dream, I could see his eyes welling up with tears. I asked him if it made him happy and he said yes. I asked him if he knew why he dreamt about Daddy last night. He said he thinks it was because last night he finally cried. I told him that maybe it was Daddy giving you a sign – that he knew you needed him last night, and that he is with you. Ryan nodded yes as he tried to hold back his tears, but I saw a few of them roll down his cheek.
Thanks for the sign, babe. It couldn’t have come at a better time.
While we are sleeping, angels have conversations with our souls. ~Author Unknown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment